The BIG One at HorseTourneys.com - September 19-20, 2020
The "High-Expectation Event" - Only 57 Players
Largest Ratio of Prizes to Players of any Major Tournament
Cash Prize Pool of $100,000+ Estimated
$2.00 WIN/PLACE Format - Level Playing Field
Top 10 Players Win Choice of NTRA National HorsePlayers Championship (NHC), Breeders' Cup Betting Challenge or Pegasus World Cup Betting Championship Seats** (2 of 10 prizes chosen must be NHC)
Top 10 Players Win Prize Money
11th to 15th Place Win Horse Player World Series (HPWS) Entries or $1,500 Cash
* Final Prize Pool is determined by participation in individual qualifiers. Prize pool is updated after each qualifier. See Status/Update section for current purse status.
**At least two (2) of the 10 seats chosen must be NHC seats. NHC seats will be assigned to lowest placings if not chosen in top 10.
"The BIG One" at HorseTourneys.com, an online handicapping contest with qualifying packages available exclusively through HorseTourneys.com.
September 19-20 (Saturday/Sunday), 2020. Two-day contest.
- Top TEN (10) Players Win prize money (see below); players also keep any remaining bankroll
- Top TEN (10) Win choice of: NTRA National HorsePlayers Championship package; $10,000 Entry to Breeders' Cup Betting Challenge (November, 2020) OR Pegasus World Cup Betting Championship entry + Cash TBD (January, 2021).
- Places 11th through 15th win $1,500 Horse Player World Series Entry (March, 2021) or $1,500 Cash
Purse and purse distribution is dependent upon participation in individual qualifiers. Current purse totals are updated after every qualifier at the Status Update page.
Directional prize distribution is below. Exact percentages are determined by tournament officials and subject to change.
- Grand Prize: 40 percent of prize pool + Choice of NHC/BCBC/Pegasus
- 2nd Place: 20 percent of prize pool + Choice of NHC/BCBC/Pegasus
- 3rd Place: 10 percent of prize pool + Choice of NHC/BCBC/Pegasus
- 4th Place: 7.5 percent of prize pool + Choice of NHC/BCBC/Pegasus
- 5th Place: 5 percent of prize pool + Choice of NHC/BCBC/Pegasus
- 6th Place: 4.5 percent of prize pool + Choice of NHC/BCBC/Pegasus
- 7th Place: 4 percent of prize pool + Choice of NHC/BCBC/Pegasus
- 8th Place: 3.5 percent of prize pool + Choice of NHC/BCBC/Pegasus
- 9th Place: 3 percent of prize pool + Choice of NHC/BCBC/Pegasus
- 10th Place: 2.5 percent of prize pool + Choice of NHC/BCBC/Pegasus
- 11th thru 15th Place: $1,500 HPWS Entry OR $1,500 Cash
BCBC Entry: $10,000 full entry into the November 2020 Breeders' Cup Betting Challenge (Bankroll + Entry Fee)
Pegasus World Cup Betting Championship Entry: Entry to January, 2021 Pegasus World Cup Betting Championship + Cash TBD
NHC Package: Seat to 2021 NTRA National Horseplayers Championship (held in February, 2021) PLUS $500 travel reimbursement and complimentary 4-night hotel stay at NHC venue.
HPWS Entry: $1,500 Entry to Horse Player World Series (March, 2021)
Qualifying packages to "The BIG One" available through HorseTourneys.com will be all-inclusive, including the seat to "The BIG One" and purse contribution; $500 in travel reimbursement provided upon winning a qualifying package.
There will be a maximum of 57 entries allowed in "The BIG One". 50 of those entries will be made available exclusively for qualification at HorseTourneys. Five (7) entries will be made available on a buy-in basis. Only one entry per player is permitted.
$2 WIN/PLACE Format
- Standard Mythical $2 Win/Place format
- ALL-OPTIONAL FORMAT: Players must play exactly 12 races on each of the two contest days from an eligible list of 30 races per day (60 eligible races total, 24 selections)
- Normal Payout caps (20-1 Win, 10-1 Place)
HOW TO QUALIFY
Qualifying contests to "The BIG One" will begin in January, 2020, and proceed through the week prior to the event. Go to HorseTourneys.com to check the upcoming schedule of qualifiers.
Up to five (7) buy-in entries will be made available to "The BIG One" at a price determined in September, 2020 (price dependent on purse status). If there are more buy-in requests than there are buy-in entries available, first preference will be given to those players that have participated in the most qualifiers to "The BIG One," if applicable, in the order of number of entries played in qualifying events at HorseTourneys. Any remaining requests will be settled on a lottery basis. The number of buy-in entries and costs of those entries may be adjusted by tournament officials based on number of entries qualified to the event, including elimination of the buy-in option. To make arrangements to secure a buy-in entry, please email McKay Smith at email@example.com for instructions.
Questions should be directed to McKay Smith, President of HorseTourneys.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org