The BIG One at Laurel Park - September 22-23, 2018
Estimated Purse: $150,000 to $200,000*
Total Estimated Prizes
(based on purse of $175,000):
LIVE BANKROLL Format: Win/Place/Exacta, $1,000 Bankroll
Players Keep Remaining Bankroll
Top 10 Players Win Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship (NHC) Packages
Top 10 Players Win Breeders' Cup Betting Challenge (BCBC) Entries
Top 10 Players Win Prize Money
11th to 20th Place Win Horse Player World Series (HPWS) Entries or $1,500 Cash
"The BIG One" at Laurel Park, an on-track handicapping contest with qualifying packages available exclusively through HorseTourneys.com.
September 22-23 (Saturday/Sunday), 2018. Two-day contest. Registration on Friday, September 21 and morning of Saturday, September 22
Laurel Park in Laurel, MD (outside Baltimore)
- Top TEN (10) Players Win prize money (see below); players also keep any remaining bankroll
- Top TEN (10) Win $10,000 Entry to Breeders' Cup Betting Challenge (November, 2017)
- Top TEN (10) Win Full Package to NTRA National HorsePlayers Championship (NHC) (February, 2019)
- Places 11th through 20th win $1,500 Horse Player World Series Entry (March, 2019) or $1,500 Cash
- Note that any DUAL QUALIFIERS to the NHC that finish in an NHC qualifying position will receive an additional $5,000 CASH prize in lieu of the NHC package. Note that all 10 NHC packages must be awarded, therefore the $5,000 prize comes at HorseTourneys risk/expense and is designed to provide compensation for dual qualifiers.
Estimated purse of $150,000 to $200,000 based on 50 fully sold entries (purse contributions will vary according to participation levels in qualifying events). Purse and purse distribution adjusted based on total number of entries at the discretion of tournament officials. Based on estimated purse of $175,000, expected prize levels:
Note that these are DIRECTIONAL payouts only--final prizes and prize distribution to be determined by tournament officials once final purse number is determined. Total purse may exceed $200,000 should all qualifiers sell-out at full parameters and additional buy-in entries are purchased.
- Grand Prize: $70,000 + $10,000 BCBC Entry AND NHC Package
- 2nd Place: $35,000 + $10,000 BCBC Entry AND NHC Package
- 3rd Place: $17,500 + $10,000 BCBC Entry AND NHC Package
- 4th Place: $13,125 + $10,000 BCBC Entry AND NHC Package
- 5th Place: $8,750 +$10,000 BCBC Entry AND NHC Package
- 6th Place: $7,875 + $10,000 BCBC Entry AND NHC Package
- 7th Place: $7,000 + $10,000 BCBC Entry AND NHC Package
- 8th Place: $6,125 + $10,000 BCBC Entry AND NHC Package
- 9th Place: $5,250 + $10,000 BCBC Entry AND NHC Package
- 10th Place: $4,375 + $10,000 BCBC Entry AND NHC Package
- 11th thru 20th Place: $1,500 HPWS Entry OR $1,500 Cash
BCBC Entry: $10,000 full entry into the November 2018 Breeders' Cup Betting Challenge (Bankroll + Entry Fee) (One BCBC Entry per six entries participating)
NHC Package: Seat to 2019 NTRA National HorsePlayers Championship (held in February, 2019) PLUS $500 travel reimbursement and complimentary 4-night hotel stay at NHC venue. NHC Packages awarded will be adjusted based on the total number of entries participating (one NHC package awarded per 5 entries participating).
HPWS Entry: $1,500 Entry to Horse Player World Series (March, 2019)
Qualifying packages to "The BIG One" at Laurel Park available through HorseTourneys.com will be all-inclusive, including the seat to "The BIG One" at Laurel Park and purse contribution; $500 in travel reimbursement provided upon winning a qualifying package and complimentary 3-night hotel stay near Baltimore/Laurel area at a selected hotel venue.
Total value of package = $10,500 USD
Buffet and Open Bar throughout the duration of the contest. Cocktail/Dinner reception on Friday, Sept. 21 at selected venue, including dinner and Open Bar.
There will be a maximum of 57 entries allowed in "The BIG One" at Laurel Park. 50 of those entries will be made available exclusively for qualification at www.HorseTourneys.com. Five (5) entries will be made available on a buy-in lottery basis for $9,000 each (includes $1,000 bankroll). A total of (2) spots will be allocated to Laurel Park for pre-event on-site qualifiers. A player may play only one entry per person in "The BIG One," however, players may continue to participate in qualifiers in their own name and transfer any additional packages won to another player, who must be present at the event.
LIVE BANKROLL FORMAT
- $1,000 Starting Bankroll per player
- Win, Place, Exacta wagering allowed
- Players must play a minimum of 10 races on each of the two contest days - Five (5) races will be mandatory races selected by tournament officials, with at least an additional five (5) Optional races played each day from eligible contest tracks
- Players must wager a minimum of $50 on each of the minimum 10 races each day
- Maximum per race wagers of $250 total
- No payout caps
- Players keep any remaining bankroll at the conclusion of the contest
HOW TO QUALIFY
Qualifying contests to "The BIG One" at Laurel Park will begin in January, 2017, and proceed through the week prior to the event. Go to www.HorseTourneys.com to check the upcoming schedule of qualifiers.
Up to five (5) buy-in entries will be made available to "The BIG One" at $9,000 each. If there are more buy-in requests than there are buy-in entries available, first preference will be given to those players that have participated in the most qualifiers to "The BIG One," if applicable, in the order of number of entries played in qualifying events at HorseTourneys. Any remaining requests will be settled on a lottery basis. A $500 deposit will be required, refundable to those not winning a lottery selection and non-refundable to those winning lottery selection, if applicable. The number of buy-in entries and costs of those entries may be adjusted by tournament officials based on number of entries qualified to the event, including elimination of the buy-in option. To make arrangements to secure a buy-in entry, please email McKay Smith at email@example.com for instructions.
Questions should be directed to McKay Smith, President of HorseTourneys.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org